Popcorn words are words that "pop up" everywhere. They are high frequency words that are repeated often in books and print. They pop up in our morning messages, shared reading, and many other places. Learning these words will help students become fluent readers and writers.
Ways to practice popcorn words:
- Point out popcorn words as you read books
- Play "I Spy" in your house, at the grocery store, or out in the neighborhood. Point out popcorn words!
- Cut popcorn words out of magazines or newspapers and glue onto paper
- Use stencils to spell popcorn words
- Use stamps to spell popcorn words
- Spell popcorn words using clay or play-dough
- Spell popcorn words using magnetic letters
Our Popcorn Word List
you no a to like an me my
and we he see at can so the
do is it go in up on am I